- 1Equivalent to the sum of six and seven; one more than twelve, or seven less than twenty; 13: thirteen miles away a rise of 13 per cent thirteen of the bishops voted against the motion (Roman numeral: xiii or XIII)More example sentences
- I figure we probably have twelve or thirteen years left to go.
- It's something like twelve or thirteen years since I last had a stream of colds like this and I've been relatively free of them since.
- Previously they have been ranked as the most intense set of examinations in the world, with a maximum of thirteen exams in seven days.
- 1.2Thirteen years old: two boys aged eleven and thirteenMore example sentences
- The children were ragged and dirty, and all looked to be between the ages of eleven and thirteen.
- Ivan was sixteen, Alexis thirteen, Andrei eleven, I was nine and Natalia was three.
- My most interesting experience from a linguistic point of view was when I moved from Malaysia to Australia at the age of thirteen.
- More example sentences
- By the thirteenth century the Christian kingdoms of the north had won back most of the peninsula.
- For my thirteenth birthday Papa had a separate telephone line installed in my bedroom.
- This year, which is the thirteenth year of the awards, there were a total of 199 entries.
More definitions of thirteenDefinition of thirteen in:
- The US English dictionary