1Relating to the thoracic and lumbar regions of the spine.
- Three positions are required to observe the thoracic, thoracolumbar, and lumbar levels of the spine.
- The thoracic and thoracolumbar regions are, respectively, involved in 48 and 30% of patients with idiopathic scoliosis.
- Ovoid vertebral bodies are seen in the thoracic spine with an associated thoracolumbar scoliosis.
1.1Denoting the sympathetic nervous system: thoracolumbar sympathetic complex
More example sentences
- They are probably sensory fibers of the thoracolumbar system, possibly modulating the pain of esophageal mucosal inflammation.
- The thoracolumbar pathway seems to have evolved along with the vascular supply to the gastrointestinal tract, for its tracts of nerve fibers follow the blood supply.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: thora|col¦um¦bar
Definition of thoracolumbar in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.