- A very slender parasitic nematode worm, especially a pinworm.More example sentences
- One of their main parasites is a gut nematode, the caecal threadworm T. tenuis, which has a direct lifestyle with no alternative hosts within the same habitat.
- Rectally administered tobacco infusions - whether employed against pinworms, roundworms, tapeworms, or threadworms - proved an effective vermifuge in sixteenth-century Europe.
- Little threadworms and hookworms are about one centimetre long, while roundworms are about 20 cm long and our friend the tapeworm can reach up to 10 metres in length.
More definitions of threadwormDefinition of threadworm in:
- The US English dictionary