Definition of thrombogenic in English:
(Of a substance or condition) producing coagulation of the blood, especially as predisposing to thrombosis.
- Multiple spontaneous miscarriages also may indicate underlying thrombogenic conditions.
- The cap acts as a protective barrier between circulating blood and the thrombogenic, procoagulant contents of the lesion.
- More than a quarter of oncologists do not recognise the thrombogenic effects of treatments for cancer, and thromboprophylaxis is rarely used in patients undergoing treatment for cancer.
- Example sentences
- Three out of 21 patients had biochemical evidence of increased thrombogenicity.
- In contrast, a significant reduction of the thrombogenicity in vivo was observed at 6 and 24 hours on diphenhydramine pretreatment.
- Chronic use of statins has reduced thrombogenicity during PCI-induced plaque disruption and lessened distal embolization of microdebris.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan