noun (plural thymectomies)
- Surgical removal of the thymus gland: the disease improved as a result of thymectomy [count noun]: a thymectomy was performedMore example sentences
- Inadvertent surgical thymectomy may result in cell-mediated immune deficiencies in infants and young children.
- In the course of achieving hemostasis, a thymectomy was performed.
- Subsequently, she underwent surgery, which included partial gastrectomy, thymectomy, and splenectomy.
More definitions of thymectomyDefinition of thymectomy in:
- The US English dictionary