noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A crystalline nucleoside present in DNA, consisting of thymine linked to deoxyribose.More example sentences
- Both of these enzymes are involved in thymidine nucleotide biosynthesis.
- However, as indicated above, the salvage pathway to thymidine nucleotide synthesis is especially important in the preparation for cell division.
- For gene therapy based on the introduction of the herpes simplex virus thymidine kinase gene, the bystander effect depends on cell to cell contact and the presence of gap junctions.
More definitions of thymidineDefinition of thymidine in:
- The US English dictionary