- A four-layered semiconductor rectifier in which the flow of current between two electrodes is triggered by a signal at a third electrode.More example sentences
- The thyristor is the device that's used in all wall dimmer switches.
- The company offers a broad range of thyristor products that are used in a variety of applications.
- There is a need for two conditions to be present simultaneously to turn on the thyristor.
1950s: blend of thyratron, denoting a kind of thermionic valve (from Greek thura 'gate') and transistor.
More definitions of thyristorDefinition of thyristor in:
- The US English dictionary