noun (plural tibiotarsi /-sʌɪ, -siː/)Zoology
- The bone in a bird’s leg corresponding to the tibia, fused at the lower end with some bones of the tarsus.More example sentences
- They collected males and females during prelaying, laying, and postlaying and dissected femora and tibiotarsi from each bird.
- It springs or rushes out of ambush, opening its jaws quickly and allowing them to slam together hard enough to snap the relatively fragile tibiotarsus of the bird.
- The tibia and fibula are fused, especially distally, to form a single element, the tibiotarsus.
More definitions of tibiotarsusDefinition of tibiotarsus in:
- The US English dictionary