- North American term for noughts and crosses.More example sentences
- Use washable window markers to make colorful creations that even passers-by can enjoy, or to play endless, paper-free games like tic-tac-toe and hangman.
- So, is the universe to us a game of tic-tac-toe or a game of chess?
- Consider the problem, ‘How can I win the game of tick-tack-toe?’
1960s: imitative; from tick-tack, used earlier to denote games in which the pieces made clicking sounds.
More definitions of tic-tac-toeDefinition of tic-tac-toe in:
- The US English dictionary