More definitions of TIFFDefinition of TIFF in:
- The US English dictionary
- A petty quarrel, especially one between friends or lovers: Joanna had a tiff with her boyfriendMore example sentences
quarrel, squabble, row, argument, fight, contretemps, disagreement, difference of opinion, dissension, falling-out, dispute, disputation, contention, clash, altercation, shouting match, exchange, war of words; tussle, conflict, fracas, affray, wrangle, tangle; Irish , North American , & Australian donnybrookScottish • informal rammyNorth American • informal rhubarbScottish • archaic threap, collieshangieFrench • archaic tracasserie(s)
- Remember that you're too important to deal with employees' petty tiffs.
- And anyway, I'm sure they were only having a lovers' tiff!
- What if it was just a tiff between two friends today?
early 18th century (denoting a slight outburst of temper): probably of dialect origin.