- A rope or wire stretched tightly high above the ground, on which acrobats perform feats of balancing: [as modifier]: a tightrope walker • figurative he continues to walk a tightrope between success and failureMore example sentences
- All useful thought is founded on these two approaches working in tandem and balancing each other the way a long pole balances a tightrope walker.
- Sometimes, when moving along a large branch, or on the ground, they stand upright with their arms held high for balance, like a tightrope walker.
- Rocked by this dizzying mix of emotions, you walk a tightrope, balancing your own needs against those of your loved one.
verb[no object] Back to top
More definitions of tightropeDefinition of tightrope in:
- The US English dictionary