(also a pair of tights)
- 1A woman’s close-fitting garment made of nylon or other knitted yarn, covering the legs, hips, and bottom: a pair of black tightsMore example sentences
- When you're stumped for style, nothing beats the black opaque tights that rule at Helmut Lang.
- Lucie wore a black velvet pinafore, black tights and a dark purple jacket and she clung to her father's hand throughout the entire ceremony.
- The look is also about layering; try cropped tights worn under a mini skirt or a voluminous long top over jeans.
- 1.1A garment resembling a pair of tights worn by a dancer or acrobat.More example sentences
- Whether in tights or bare-legged, a dancer expects his body to be scrutinized.
- There are some male dancers for whom tights, you feel, are a perk of the job.
- The ballet opens with a short solo for Nikolaj Hübbe, clothed in a white shirt and tights.
More definitions of tightsDefinition of tights in:
- The US English dictionary