- A time which represents the speed with which a particular system can respond to change, typically equal to the time taken for a specified parameter to vary by a factor of 1− 1/ e (approximately 0.6321).More example sentences
- The hyperinflation may be explained completely by the time constant of the respiratory system exceeding the time available for tidal exhalation.
- One way is to vary the time constant of the slow negative-feedback variable.
- The time constant of the signal-recovery process yields information on potential heart damage.
More definitions of time constantDefinition of time constant in:
- The US English dictionary