- Denoting the photographic technique of taking a sequence of frames at set intervals to record changes that take place slowly over time. When the frames are shown at normal speed the action seems much faster.More example sentences
- A time-lapse camera recorded the entire event, compressing it into a 100-minute film that became a work in its own right.
- Scientists could take a series of such images to create a ‘movie’ of the changes, analogous to time-lapse photography for slow processes like a flower coming into bloom.
- I have always enjoyed time-lapse photography - you know, flowers opening, seeds sprouting, clouds racing across the sky as the sun arcs toward the western horizon.
More definitions of time-lapseDefinition of time-lapse in:
- The US English dictionary