Definition of timely in English:
adjective (timelier, timeliest)
Done or occurring at a favourable or useful time; opportune: a timely warning
More example sentences
- He hails from a middle class family and the sponsorship is very useful and timely.
- Overall, this is a timely and useful review of a topic that has assumed major importance in health care.
- She hopes it will serve as a timely warning because Scotland has an ageing population.
- Example sentences
- Outcomes in acute coronary syndromes are influenced by the speed and accuracy of diagnosis and the timeliness of appropriate therapy.
- Most of the cost involves labor availability and the timeliness of crop production practices.
- The ability to do this effectively relied on the timeliness of the requests.
Words that rhyme with timelyidly • kindly • wifely • likely
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.