1The concentration of a solution as determined by titration.
- Dialysis of the DNA resulted in acceptable titres.
- The plate is incubated at 37° for 16-36 hr, and the titer of the colony-forming units is divided by the titer of the microscopic count to determine the viability.
- Aliquots were withdrawn at the indicated times, the viable titer was determined, and the percentage of survivors was calculated.
1.2 Medicine The concentration of an antibody, as determined by finding the highest dilution at which it is still able to cause agglutination of the antigen.
- The antibody response was termed as group specific, species specific or cross reactive depending on the comparative antibody titres obtained against different antigen pools.
- Patients in Stages III and IV showed a decline in the antiGDlb antibody titers in relation to neurological recovery following PE.
- Influenza vaccination has produced substantial antibody titers against influenza in vaccinated HIV-infected persons who have minimal symptoms related to acquired immunodeficiency syndrome and high CD4 cell counts.
Mid 19th century: from French, from titrer (see titrate).
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: titre
Definition of titre in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.