noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A bacterial antibiotic used chiefly to treat pseudomonas infections.
More example sentences
- The drug is obtained from the bacterium Streptomyces tenebrarius
- Valproic acid is an anticonvulsant drug used to treat various seizures and tobramycin is an antibiotic used to control many bacterial infections.
- Half were given normal treatment, the other half four antibiotics (polymyxin E, tobramycin, amphotericin B, and cefotaxime).
- Treatment with ampicillin supplemented with gentamicin or tobramycin for two to six weeks is best.
1970s: from to- (of unknown origin) + Latin (tene)bra(rius) 'belonging to darkness' (part of the name of the bacterium) + -mycin.
More definitions of tobramycinDefinition of tobramycin in:
- The US English dictionary