1The nail at the tip of each toe.
- The decoration of both toenails and fingernails for aesthetic purposes dates back at least as far as Ancient Egypt, where henna and other products were applied to colour the feet and hands as well as the nails.
- The infection is more likely in toenails than in fingernails.
- Scratching an infected toenail can infect your fingernails.
Secure (a piece of wood) by driving a nail through it at an angle.
- The wood is secured by toenailing it to the roof decking.
- Assemble the frieze sections on level ground, and against a straight edge to keep them square, before toenailing them to the 4x4 posts.
- Some of the boards can be face nailed into the long spoke, others must toenailed.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: toe|nail
Definition of toenail in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.