- another term for timbre. [mass noun]: his shifts of tone colour [count noun]: with reeds, diapasons and a myriad of other tone coloursMore example sentences
- Her bursts of coloratura have the odd fraying edge, and her tone colour at its best is fabulously alluring.
- This means that its tone colour is - and this is only my opinion, mind - vaguely single-faceted and tepid, compared to the voice, or strings, or even the piano.
- The softness of tone colour of the baroque oboe in comparison to the works it juxtaposes, underlines the daring stylistic parameters explored by the oboist on this ‘extremely personal undertaking’.
More definitions of tone colourDefinition of tone colour in:
- The US English dictionary