- (Of a fabric or design) dyed with or using different shades of the same colour.More example sentences
- ‘Mercerized cotton damasks are the hardest for us to capture accurately,’ adds the photographer, noting that shiny fabrics, subtle textures, and tone-on-tone designs require some photographic tricks.
- Tweedy or heathery tone-on-tone designs would fit in here.
- In addition to the textured designs, manufacturers are also reporting strong interest in tone-on-tone looks, where different shades of a color have been incorporated into a pattern.
More definitions of tone-on-toneDefinition of tone-on-tone in:
- The US English dictionary