Definition of toneless in English:
(Of a voice or musical sound) lacking expression or interest: he began to sing in a toneless voice
More example sentences
- His voice was toneless, but his expression was sceptical.
- They read their confessions in toneless voices.
- She hardly recognized the cold, toneless voice coming out of her at that moment, and it scared her.
- Example sentences
- ‘Your hearing's just fine,’ I said tonelessly.
- ‘Leave now,’ he repeated, firmly, yet tonelessly.
- ‘You can stop shaking him now,’ I said tonelessly.
Definition of toneless in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia