(Of a voice or musical sound) lacking expression or interest: he began to sing in a toneless voice
More example sentences
- His voice was toneless, but his expression was sceptical.
- They read their confessions in toneless voices.
- She hardly recognized the cold, toneless voice coming out of her at that moment, and it scared her.
- Example sentences
- ‘Your hearing's just fine,’ I said tonelessly.
- ‘Leave now,’ he repeated, firmly, yet tonelessly.
- ‘You can stop shaking him now,’ I said tonelessly.
Definition of toneless in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.