Definition of toolkit in English:
1A set of tools, especially one kept in a bag or box and used for a particular purpose.
- Normally he carries the heater, chain saws, a big tool kit, a fire extinguisher, first aid kit, soda, and something for his stomach if the hamburger he eats when he takes a break at gives him a little heartburn.
- He said it was important for managers to take responsibility for the results, work with a clear purpose and have a tool kit to survive new situations.
- Every competent mechanic should have a correctly calibrated torque wrench in their tool kit and should use it.
1.1 Computing A set of software tools.
- As well as developing the tool kit or software upon which a number of their products were based, in his spare time Adam was also developing his own new application based on the class library.
- Phase one will see SGI contribute more work and code to open source graphics projects, along with the release of a Linux developer tool kit.
- I personally find that this particular tool kit makes the RAD (rapid application development) concept finally available to Linux.
1.2A personal set of resources, abilities, or skills: intuition developed from past stock market experience becomes a vital part of an investor’s toolkit
More example sentences
- Self-importance and pomposity aren't in Ananova's emotional toolkit.
- Situations repeat themselves, and each time your emotional toolkit grows, and you find new ways of enjoying them.
- The chapter also introduces a useful part of the environmental economist's toolkit for looking at pollution problems in general.
Definition of toolkit in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan