Definition of toolmaker in English:
A maker of tools, especially a person who makes and maintains tools for use in a manufacturing process.
- Among the group were four toolmakers, three die makers, two set up men, a production engineer, and the foreman of the experimental machine shop.
- While most are like the tools sold to professionals, several of them are lighter-weight versions that toolmakers called gentlemen's tools.
- I thought I liked making tools, but what I really like best is helping people to use tools better and helping toolmakers understand their users better.
- Example sentences
- The work of the blacksmith has changed from horseshoes and toolmaking to decorative ironwork, welding, and car repair.
- Because toolmaking was not his full-time occupation, John Stamm's tools are not abundant, but show the same quality and workmanship of his contemporaries such as E. W. Carpenter and Samuel Auxer of Lancaster.
- As toolmaking shifted to major centers, producers and consumers lost face-to-face contact, and toolmakers realized they had to inform potential customers of their products, particularly at the wholesale level.
Definition of toolmaker in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan