- The furthest point of a piston’s travel, at which it changes from an upward to a downward stroke: the figure shows the piston at top dead centreMore example sentences
- According to the present mode of operation, the stroke length, i.e. the distance the piston travels between the top dead centre and its bottom dead centre is dependent on the flow rate which a user has selected at the user interface 42.
- It calls for the top dead centre of the piston motion to be kept fixed, while the bottom dead centre is varied.
- As the engine load increases, the head tilts by up to four degrees in order to lower the effective compression ratio by altering the volume of the combustion chamber with the piston at top dead center.
More definitions of top dead centreDefinition of top dead centre in:
- The US English dictionary