- A procedure designed to seal a leaking oil well, whereby large amounts of a material heavier than the oil, e.g. mud, are pumped into the affected well.More example sentences
- BP also was considering installing a 'top kill device, which would send a heavy liquid into the well to reduce the flow of leaking oil.
- I'm told that information related to top kill is now considered stock-market sensitive.
- Unlike the top kill procedure, which BP attempted in May, the Macondo well is now capped, albeit only temporarily, so is no longer flowing.
More definitions of top killDefinition of top kill in:
- The US English dictionary