- 1Highest in physical position; highest: we watched a squirrel negotiate the topmost branches of a nearby tree the topmost part of the atmosphere of these planetsMore example sentences
highest, top, uppermost, upmost, upper, furthest up, loftiestforemost, leading, principal, pre-eminent, greatest, top, finest, worthiest, highest, elite; chief, main, highest-ranking, ruling, commanding, powerful, important, prominent, eminent, notable, illustrious• informal top-notch
- Racing to the Ferris wheel, Pete glanced up at the topmost cage.
- He could see the walled orchard, the sun glinting on the topmost leaves of the apple trees.
- The banyan tree stood above all, its topmost branch trying to reach out to the sky.
- 1.1Highest in status or importance; foremost: the rider’s safety must be the topmost priorityMore example sentences
- In connection with riders, motorcycle boots are their topmost choice.
- He said providing education to physically challenged children was our topmost priority.
- The role of Abby is considered the topmost role in American theater for any actress.