- 1Relating to the arrangement or accurate representation of the physical features of an area: the topographical features of the river valleyMore example sentences
- The Celts, who came to this corner of the land about 300 B.C. were probably the first to give names to the topographical features of the area.
- The province is also developing new nutrient management zones based on soil classification and topographical features to identify areas more vulnerable to nutrient loss to ground and surface water.
- Geographically accurate topographical maps with close contours to show the drainage pattern at micro level are not available.
- 1.1(Of a work of art or an artist) dealing with or depicting landscapes or other areas in a realistic and detailed manner: he was one of the most faithful topographical artists to paint the lakeMore example sentences
- His son Pierre-Antoine the younger painted landscapes and topographical works in his father's manner.
- Much of the best of his later work was mildly topographical, inspired by his love of travel; it records journeys to Scotland, along the river Duddon, to the Continent, etc.
- For fourteen years I chaired the Works of Art Committee and sought to add to our collection of historical statues, busts and portraits, and topographical works.
- 2 Anatomy & Biology Relating to or representing the physical distribution of parts or features on the surface of or within an organ or organism: a topographical analysis of neuronal loss in Alzheimer’s patientsMore example sentences
- There was no topographical relation of inflammatory atrophy with either HGPIN or HC.
- A striking finding was a topographical relation of focal inflammation to sclerotic atrophy in areas with erosion of the epithelium.
- Neither a topographical relation nor a morphologic transition was seen between prostatic atrophy and histologic carcinoma or high-grade intraepithelial neoplasia.
- More example sentences
- Its most important clinical routine application is in the topographic description and follow-up of the glaucomatous optic nerve head.
- Most of this recent amateur digital cartography is taking place upon the solid foundations of government-funded topographic mapmaking.
- You can also obtain topographic maps from any map store.
- More example sentences
- It's a really interesting area, topographically even, with all the wild mines and huge manmade mountains.
- Replicas of statuary by Michelangelo, Bernini, Thorvaldsen are all over the place, artistically as well as topographically, with inscriptions lauding ‘This Sublime Work’.
- Re-development should be encouraged in the topographically highest points, rubble from the destruction should be ‘greened’ and then pulverized for landfill to help raise lots.
More definitions of topographicalDefinition of topographical in:
- The US English dictionary