Definition of tortious in English:
Constituting a tort; wrongful: this does not make the act tortious tortious liability
More example sentences
- Public nuisance and libel are also torts and tortious liability is more often pursued than criminal proceedings.
- The Statement of Claim does not identify what was done by any individual defendant to constitute tortious conduct.
- It represents a fundamental attack upon the principle of tortious liability for negligent conduct which has caused foreseeable personal injury to others.
- Example sentences
- The law with respect to the services of a third party who provides voluntary care for a tortiously injured plaintiff has developed somewhat erratically in England.
- They have also amended their counterclaim against JMP / JPP to claim relief for tortiously inducing a breach of the licence agreement.
- Accordingly, he declared that none of the residents could be found to have tortiously interfered with Boca Investors Group based exclusively on evidence that they had threatened to file, or actually filed, meritless lawsuits.
Words that rhyme with tortiouscautious
Definition of tortious in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.