- (Of a telephone) having push-buttons and generating tones to dial rather than pulses.More example sentences
- Back in the 1940s, when the area code system was designed, there was no such thing as a touch-tone phone - all telephones operated via rotary dialing pulse operation.
- By combining the input of a caller with tailor made scripts, IVR systems allow callers to call into a company or IVR hosting company using a touch-tone telephone, and then to interact with the system in real time.
- The ability to play back voice sessions from any touch-tone telephone is a very important feature.
noun• trademark Back to top
More definitions of touch-toneDefinition of touch-tone in:
- The US English dictionary