- (Especially of a bacterium) producing a toxin or toxic effect: a toxigenic strain of E. coliMore example sentences
- In addition, toxigenic bacteria that have been implicated in sudden infant death syndrome do reside in used infant mattresses.
- Undiluted and diluted cell free filtrates of isolates and known toxigenic and non-toxigenic bacteria were added to Vero cell monolayer in microtitre plates.
- They say that the increased risk might be associated with toxigenic species of bacteria, such as Staphylococcus aureus, which grow well in body fluids that contaminate mattresses.
- More example sentences
- A species does not necessarily need to have both high invasiveness and high toxigenicity to be rated highly virulent.
- Molecular methods for the determination of toxigenicity are being developed.
- The most common in vitro assay for toxigenicity is the Elek immunodiffusion test.
More definitions of toxigenicDefinition of toxigenic in:
- The US English dictionary