Definition of trackwork in English:
1Railway track and associated equipment.
- Life-expired signalling equipment and related trackwork, switches and crossings will be replaced.
- The first fortnight will see closure of Slade Lane Junction to replace signalling equipment and trackwork, including switches and crossings.
- Members also plan to install trackwork / sidings, create a temporary visitor centre and provide volunteer accommodation as well as restoration of equipment and building of a storage shed for rolling stock.
1.1Work involved in constructing or maintaining railway track.
- One of the many trackwork projects taking place on this particular weekend involved running all Uptown trains on the express track from Times Square to 96th Street.
- We had a pretty uneventful trip outbound to Geneva, although we were slowed somewhat by trackwork.
- There appeared to be some trackwork going on, as there was a crane sitting next to the tracks.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan