- A portion of something, especially money: they released the first tranche of the loanMore example sentences
- It will set aside equal shares for two tranches if the retail portion is more than 100 times oversubscribed.
- According to local media reports, the state social security fund subscribed to a large tranche of shares.
- It is believed that deals have been signed on half the tranche of property currently being sold off.
late 15th century: from Old French, literally 'slice'.
More definitions of trancheDefinition of tranche in:
- The US English dictionary