Definition of transfer list in English:
A soccer or rugby club’s list of players available for transfer.
- The 23-year-old midfielder has been on the transfer list since 2001, however he still played a major part in their survival last season.
- You'll not be caught with a player on the transfer list for over a year here.
- He's still on the transfer list but it's not a big deal because if anyone came in for him, and no one has, we wouldn't sell him.
verbBack to top
(transfer-list) [with object] Make (a player) available for transfer: the striker was fined and transfer-listed (as adjective transfer-listed) the transfer-listed goalkeeper
More example sentences
- A player who was transfer-listed during his time there and had to continually prove his worth, he was also part of the squad which was forced to accept wage cuts last year.
- Hundreds of players have been transfer-listed across all clubs in an effort to reduce their wage bills, which can be astronomical in some lower divisions.
- It is to that end that he expects to keep the seven players he transfer-listed last month, even though the transfer deadline does not apply to Championship clubs.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan