- An act of transfusing donated blood, blood products, or other fluid into the circulatory system of a person or animal: [count noun]: major bleeding necessitating transfusions [mass noun]: the patient required blood transfusionMore example sentences
- Before death, the organ donor received several transfusions of blood products.
- She was treated with intravenous folinic acid and antibiotics and was given transfusions of blood products.
- Whenever possible, transfusions of all blood products should be limited.
More definitions of transfusionDefinition of transfusion in:
- The US English dictionary