noun[usually treated as singular]
- The branch of biology concerned with transgenic organisms.More example sentences
- Of these, 123 were fertile, but yielded no transgenics.
- However, attempts to produce such transgenics have failed owing to the poor regeneration rates of the somatic embryogenesis protocols used.
- Also interesting to note is that this variety was created by ‘traditional’ breeding methods by crossing resistant strains; no transgenics at all.
More definitions of transgenicsDefinition of transgenics in:
- The US English dictionary