- The temperature at which a substance acquires or loses a distinctive property, in particular superconductivity.More example sentences
- Stripe order can coexist with superconductivity, but it tends to be associated with a drop in the superconducting transition temperature.
- National Laboratory explain the superconductor's exceptionally high transition temperature of 39 kelvins, as well as other puzzling properties of the material.
- These interconversions are reversible and occur at a fixed transition temperature analogous to the melting and freezing points which separate the solid and liquid states.
More definitions of transition temperatureDefinition of transition temperature in:
- The US English dictionary