Definition of transportable in English:
1Able to be carried or moved: the first transportable phones
More example sentences
- Traffic along Brand Highway was delayed for a short time this week when police escorted two trucks carrying a transportable home from Bluff Point to Walkaway.
- Traditionally famed for their horsemanship and hospitality, many Mongolians still lead nomadic lives, moving their transportable houses or ‘yurts’ between summer and winter grazing grounds.
- The main criteria for its design were that it be modular, easily transportable, and able to be erected within a day.
2 historical (Of an offender or an offence) punishable by transportation.
- Something had to be done about the state of crime, the numbers of transportable convicts not yet transported.
- Common sense and usual business practice prevailed along with generalised desires to rid the kingdom of unwanted transportable convicts.
- The present plan would remove from that prison a large portion of the transportable convicts who ought to be supported by the public and not by the city.
nounBack to top
- Example sentences
- The reconfigurable nature of the system design supports operations during deployment and early entry, and aids in transportability and battlefield mobility.
- The combined objectives of cross country capability and lightness for maximum mobility and air transportability demand efficient structural design.
- Mobility, transportability, sustainability, and survivability are the mantras.
Pronunciation: /tranˌspɔːtəˈbɪlɪti/ /trɑːnˌspɔːtəˈbɪlɪti/noun
Definition of transportable in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.