- 1(On a mountain) the line or altitude above which no trees grow.More example sentences
- To really appreciate the area, hike above the treeline on a mountain slope where you can see sagebrush and several other alpine flowers.
- Of these, the most spectacular was Timberline, a long winding trail (blue level) starting at the very top of the mountain, above the treeline.
- Further in the distance, the jagged caps of the mountains rose above the treeline - majestic peaks erected to a cloud-streaked sky.
- 1.1(In high northern (or southern) latitudes) the line north (or south) of which no trees grow.More example sentences
- As shown in Fig.1, the northern limit for boreal forest proper deviates to the south of the treeline for individual stands of trees.
- Theoretically, this zone was a tundra region which extended as far south as the treeline.
- North America's treeline is higher than Europe's, which means you can ski shin-deep while a storm is blowing, because trees provide a colour-contrast that enhances visibility.