- A highly contagious rickettsial disease transmitted by lice, that infested soldiers in the trenches in the First World War.More example sentences
- The body louse, Pediculus humanus corporis, is a vector of epidemic typhus, trench fever, and relapsing fever.
- Body lice may transmit typhus and trench fever.
- B quintana, transmitted by the human body louse, causes trench fever, characterised by fever, rash, bone pain, and splenomegaly.
More definitions of trench feverDefinition of trench fever in:
- The US English dictionary