Definition of triable in English:
1(Of an offence) liable to a judicial trial.
- Many offences are triable either way.
- The s. 4 offence is triable either way, with a maximum penalty of five years.
- By section 33 of the Act, breach of this duty is punishable as a criminal offence, triable both summarily and on indictment.
1.1(Of a case or issue) able to be investigated and decided judicially.
- Leave was granted for the bringing of this motion by Justice Cullity and it is for me to decide whether or not there is a triable issue such as to get this matter to proceed.
- The question that I have to decide is whether there is a triable issue and whether the facts alleged by the plaintiff are sufficient to justify the case proceeding further.
- The onus of establishing that there is no triable issue is on the moving party, in this case the purchaser.
Words that rhyme with triabledyeable, flyable, friable, liable, pliable, viable
Definition of triable in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.