Definition of triage in English:
- Do alternative methods exist for diagnosing heart failure or enabling appropriate triage of patients for echocardiography?
- On site management includes first aid, patient triage, and ambulance staging with a basic aim of maximal use of resources.
- However, when triage nurses became involved 80% of patients were treated correctly.
- Meanwhile, liberals are engaged in a constant process of triage, picking and choosing only the most important fights, and waiving the rest.
- Is the administration actually doing the environment a favor by performing budget triage, funneling the most money to the neediest sites?
- Nine measurement points were used after the introduction of triage to allow multiple cross sectional comparisons of data during the sequential inclusion of the sites into the study.
verb[with object] Back to top
- ‘Treatment with antidepressant, in a sense, triages patients with primary affective disorders to a different path’.
- Parlier, the most experienced, triaged the patients on the fantail in the order they needed to be evacuated - the most serious first - and passed them forward on the starboard side to Doc Moser.
- This anesthesia care provider would assist in triaging patients and coordinating the flow of patients throughout the perioperative area.
Early 18th century (in the sense 'the action of sorting items according to quality'): from French, from trier 'separate out'. The current sense dates from the 1930s, from the military system of assessing the wounded on the battlefield.
This is an English use of a French word, from trier ‘separate out’. The medical sense dates from the 1930s, from the military system of assessing the wounded on the battle field.
Words that rhyme with triagepersiflage • fuselage • collage
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.