- A preliminary test of how a new system or product works: the police used Sunday’s US Cup game as a trial run for next year’s gamesMore example sentences
- With the experience of the trial run, they hope to fine tune the system and make it fool proof, so that passengers using the facility will not be disappointed.
- Two members of the operational team, it went on to say, had evaded security checks during a recent trial run at an unidentified New York airport.
- I am therefore going to run an experimental trial run next week, from Monday March 24 to Sunday March 30.
More definitions of trial runDefinition of trial run in:
- The US English dictionary