noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Ingrowth or introversion of the eyelashes.More example sentences
- About 7.6 million people have trachomatous trichiasis, the blinding stage of this infectious disease.
- Adverse outcomes of interventions were corneal exposure, ulceration, phthisis bulbi, and severe recurrent trichiasis.
- The surgery is a simple procedure for realigning the inturned eyelashes of trichiasis patients.
mid 17th century: via late Latin from Greek trikhiasis, from trikhian 'be hairy'.
More definitions of trichiasisDefinition of trichiasis in:
- The US English dictionary