noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A colourless volatile liquid used as a solvent and formerly as an anaesthetic.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: CCl2CHCl
- But many other chemicals linked to reproductive health problems, including xylene, trichloroethylene, phenols, and acetone, remain in use.
- Even dry-cleaning fluid, which is generally trichloroethylene, can be made from acetylene.
- The same applies to the solvents, save that chloroform and trichloroethylene were handled only in small quantities for laboratory use.
More definitions of trichloroethyleneDefinition of trichloroethylene in:
- The US English dictionary