Definition of trichromatic in English:
1Having or using three colours.
- An important theory was put forward by Young in the 18th century and was developed by Helmholz to give the trichromatic scheme which states that there are three fundamental colours.
- The general principle underlying the design of visual trichromatic colorimeters. may be briefly summarized as follows.
1.1Having normal colour vision, which is sensitive to all three primary colours.
- People with trichromatic color vision see not only four primary colors (blue, green, yellow, and red) but also various intermediate colors between them.
- Primates, including humans, have three cones and can thus distinguish three of the primary color phases, giving us trichromatic vision, or high color resolution.
- The nocturnal origins of primates imposed constraints on certain sensory systems, namely trichromatic vision.
- Example sentences
- There are three types of anomalous trichromatism named according to which photopigment is affected: Protanomalous trichromatism, Deuteranomalous trichromatism and Tritanomalous trichromatism.
- Fernandez and Morris conclude that trichromatism evolved for ecological rather than social reasons, such as the detection of edible leaves and/or fruits.
- Then came the mutation of trichromatism, which enabled us to see fruit - cherries, say - more easily against a variegated leafy background.
Definition of trichromatic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan