A free-living flatworm of an order characterized by having a gut with three branches, including the planarians.
- Order Tricladida, class Turbellaria
More example sentences
- We have searched for Hox and ParaHox genes in several flatworm groups spanning from freshwater triclads to marine polyclads and, more recently, in the acoels, the likely earliest extant bilaterian.
- Despite several attempts, no ParaHox genes have so far been found in triclads.
- The amplified fragment of EF1a varies in size, from 947 nt in the two polyclads to 962 nt in C. roscoffensis to 965 nt in the three triclads.
Definition of triclad in:
- The US English dictionary