- Of or denoting a crystal system or three-dimensional geometrical arrangement having three unequal oblique axes.More example sentences
- Such switching behaviour can be attributed to the kinematic partitioning of a bulk triclinic strain into end-member domains dominated by non-coaxial, monoclinic contraction and wrench simple shear.
- All crystals display anomalous birefringence when viewed down the c-axis, indicating that they have lower than hexagonal symmetry - probably monoclinic or triclinic.
- A well-exposed coastal section from Eyemouth to Bummouth preserves a broadly homoclinal sequence in which a highly heterogeneous array of contemporaneous structures formed during regional triclinic transpression.
mid 19th century: from Greek tri- 'three' + -clinic, on the pattern of monoclinic.
More definitions of triclinicDefinition of triclinic in:
- The US English dictionary