Definition of tricorn in English:
(Of a hat) having a brim turned up on three sides: a tricorn hat decorated by a plume
More example sentences
- The wartime tricorn hat and WRNS badge on display are those she wore on D-Day itself as she went on duty at Eisenhower's HQ at Southwick House.
- Eccentric chic is apparently all very now: think Oxford beanies, tricorn hats, feather boas and you get some idea of the serious lack of taste required.
- A band of protesters in colonial gear wended through the crowd, led by a bell ringer in a tricorn hat calling for revolution.
nounBack to top
A hat with a brim turned up on three sides.
- From the simplest berets and plain straw bonnets to turbans, toques and tricorns, hats are central to her look.
- A young soldier, his black tricorn at a jaunty angle, moved to make room for him.
- He was dressed in a worn tricorn, a dark homespun coat, knee-length breeches, dark stocking, and heavy brogue shoes.
Definition of tricorn in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.