Definition of tricuspid in English:
1Denoting a tooth with three cusps or points.
- Some F 2 teeth are truly tricuspid, like those of LF, whereas others are truly bicuspid, as in MZ.
- Their tricuspid teeth (three sharp points per tooth) are especially adapted to feed on organisms with hard shells such as clams, snails, crabs and shrimp.
- Next, we use field data for cichlid species with adult unicuspid, bicuspid, and tricuspid teeth.
2Denoting or relating to a valve formed of three triangular segments, particularly that between the right atrium and ventricle of the heart: tricuspid atresia
More example sentences
- Contraction of the right and left atria forces blood past the right tricuspid and left bicuspid valves into the right and left ventricles, respectively.
- In the absence of cardiac failure, previous thromboemboli, or heart failure, antithrombotic therapy is not indicated in patients with isolated aortic or tricuspid valve disease.
- Ventricular contraction pushes up the tricuspid valve and raises pressure in the right atrium to a slight degree.
Definition of tricuspid in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia