Definition of tried in English:
past and past participle of try.
- tried and tested (or tried and trusted or North American tried and true)
- Denoting something that has proven in the past to be effective or reliable: a tried-and-tested recipeMore example sentences
- At the same time, many tried-and-true products are proven best sellers.
- The communities affected by youth crime deserve effective, tried-and-tested responses,’ Mr Redmond said.
- A franchisee would be foolish to buy into a system and not follow the tried-and-true recipe.
Words that rhyme with triedabide, applied, aside, astride, backslide, beside, bestride, betide, bide, bride, chide, Clyde, cockeyed, coincide, collide, confide, cried, decide, divide, dried, elide, five-a-side, glide, guide, hide, hollow-eyed, I'd, implied, lied, misguide, nationwide, nide, offside, onside, outride, outside, pan-fried, pied, pie-eyed, pitch-side, popeyed, pride, provide, ride, Said, shied, side, slide, sloe-eyed, snide, square-eyed, starry-eyed, statewide, Strathclyde, stride, subdivide, subside, tide, undyed, wall-eyed, wide, worldwide
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.